sorry for >< please >>
Thanks to all the persons and groups who have replied to the call so far!
Due to a growing demand for extra time, we have decided to extend the
deadline. Please note that this new deadline will *not* be extended.
Every paper/article/map received after the 1st of November 2007 midnight
will not be published in the book.
Call for Papers
NEW DEADLINE: November 1st 2007
people.makeart is a new project by GOTO10.
It is a repository of articles and lecture materials focused on the
relationship between FLOSS (Free/Libre/Open Source Software) and
digital arts, as well as a database of free digital art projects.
The selected papers will be published on the people.makeart website and
will be printed in the FLOSS+Art book, scheduled for spring 2008, using
OpenMute's POD publishing service.
GOTO10 is now accepting new, old and recycled
papers/articles/interviews/maps on the following issues:
- opening digital art's practice, code and culture
- FLOSS communities VS. art collectives
- digital art licensing, copying and distributing, using open content
- role of the artist in FLOSS development
- influence of FLOSS on digital art practices
- free software to produce art and the art of producing free software
- economy of an open digital artwork
- FLOSS as an embedded political message in digital art
- paradox and limitations of open licenses for digital art
- FLOSS as a way to quote and embed other artworks in a new one
- digital artist as a FLOSS developer/user and vice-versa
- definitions and manifestos for a free software art
- branching and forking of an open digital artwork
- opening digital art to ensure future maintainance and porting
- Submit your final paper to pmafloss-at-goto10-dot-org
no later than September 15th, 2007. Include the text "FLOSS+Art"
followed by your paper's title in your e-mail subject line.
- Submit as many papers as you want, one mail submission for each.
- Accepted formats : plaintext, LaTeX, OpenDocument
No other file format will be accepted.
- The paper must be attached to the mail, do not send us links
- The submitted paper must be written in English
- Paper must be 1500 words minimum
More information: http://people.makeart.goto10.org/
The FLOSS+Art POD publishing is a collaboration between GOTO10,
the Digital Research Unit of the University of Huddersfield and
the Bergen Center for Electronics Arts with commissions and contributions
from various organisations and institutions.