sorry for X please >>
,--. * .
,---. --.,--.--.--.,---. --.,-' |--. ,--.--,--, ,---. *
| .-. | || | .--' .-. :--' .-. |\ ' / \ .-. : *
| '-' ' '' ' | --.--. `-' | \ ' | || | --. .
| -' `----' --' `----'--'`---' -' / `--''--'`----'
`--' goto10.org vs dyne.org `---' *
pure:dyne has been created to provide a complete and ready made
environment for artists and developers who are looking for a free
operating system dedicated to real time audio and video processing.
The pure:dyne project provides tools and an optimized platform to try out
and work on a large range of applications. It comes with optimized and
tested software such as Supercollider, Icecast, csound, Packet Forth,
fluxus and much more, including of course Pure Data and a great collection
of essential externals and abstractions (PDP, PiDiP, Gem, GridFlow,
RRadical, PixelTango ...). The Studio "classics" have not been forgotten
(Ardour, LADSPA, seq24, Audacity ...) and numerous essential graphics
software are also bundled (Inkscape, Gimp, Blender ...).
The pure:dyne project is a growing community effort maintained by media
artists for media artists. It is an ideal platform for audiovisual
performances, installations and FLOSS+Art workshops and courses.
- Jack oriented GNU/Linux distribution
- Complete FLOSS Home studio solution and live performance system
- No bloat ! fast minimal desktops (fluxbox, evilwm, dwm)
- Live Distribution (works the same on CD, HD, USB, ...)
- UnionFS system and multiuser support
- Low Latency Kernel (Ingo Molnar's -rt kernel patches)
- Support for Firewire audio devices (FreeBoB inside)
- Optionnal support for NVIDIA and ATI evil blobs
- mmx + sse gcc optimisations applied when relevant
- Compatible with any dyne:II modules
- Easy installation, maintenance and update
- SDK tools (dynesdk + milkman) and gcc included for customisations
- International Languages support
- Mactel support
- More modules available via direct download
---- * *
Website/Doc -> http://puredyne.goto10.org .
IRC server -> irc.goto10.org #pure:dyne
MailingList -> http://lists.goto10.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/puredyne
Direct Download mirrors
Torrent (thx to Mute public library)
pure:dyne developers are : *
Aymeric Mansoux - http://320x200.goto10.org *
Chun Lee - http://sonicvariable.goto10.org .
Antonios Galanopoulos - http://stereocilia.goto10.org
Karsten Gebbert - http://krgn.net
Rob Canning - http://www.robcanning.info
GOTO10 would like to thank jaromil (http://rastasoft.org) for providing
a very nice base system to work on and on which we can grow pretty things
We would also like to thank everyone on the pure:dyne mailing list for
their constant help, feedback and support.