I'm pleased to announce the release of FluidSynth 1.0.8.
Dubbed "Its about funky time!", since it was almost 2 years ago since
the last release.
If you like HTML change logs, have a look at:
Features and improvements
* Improved synthesis interpolation (around loops for smoother looping,
optimizations and improved flexibility)
* Dithering on 16 bit converted output (thanks to Mihail Zenkov for
noting the problem and providing patches)
* Updated fluidmax plugin with polyphony parameter
* Improved ALSA audio and sequencer drivers.
* Fixed some Floating Point Exceptions which were causing excessive CPU
* Some fixes to Chorus and Reverb parameters (thanks to David Hilvert
for noting problems and providing patches)
* Looping/tuning problem when loop end close to end of sample (Ticket #4
- Thanks to Tomas Nykung for reporting and providing example
* FluidSynth crashes with QSynth and audio meters turned on (Ticket #5 -
Thanks to David Hilvert for reporting)
* ALSA sequencer driver no longer prints out false error messages
* Many memory leaks plugged (thanks to Paul Millar for pointing out
issues and providing some patches)
* Warning message printed if a non option is not a valid SoundFont or
MIDI file (thanks to Nick Daly for the patch).
Code cleanup other misc. stuff
* Fixed Visual Studio Windows project files and other fixes to build on
* Removed broken SSE support.
* Removed memory alignment hacks (no longer needed).
* Function comments sprinkled throughout the code (not finished yet)
* Updated fluidsynth man page.
* Updated README-OSX (from Ebrahim Mayat)
* Added --enable-fpe-check and --enable-trap-on-fpe configure options to
aid in Floating Point Exception debugging
Linux-audio-announce mailing list