The NoteEdit team is happy to announce the long awaited new release
of the score editor NoteEdit.
You can directly fetch the sources from here:
This is the last major release on NoteEdit. Since some month the core team
concentrates it's development on the NoteEdit successor called Canorus.
More information can be found here:
The new version 2.8.1 contains the following major changes since the
- New direct printing and print preview support using different backends:
- Implemented custom print dialog.
- New settings in Configure dialog for printing.
- Custom preview application (eg. kpdf, gpdf, xpdf, gv).
- Custom typesetting application (LilyPond, ABC, PMX/MusiXTeX).
- Enhanced UI:
- mouse wheel behaviour improvements (zoom in/out, quick scroll, vertical
- added keyboard shortcuts (select n-th voice directly, start/stop
insert special barline, goto measure),
- few dialog improvements (insert clef or barline, page layout),
- new dialog: Insert special barline.
- remember the last position of action (useful when deleting the whole
of the score),
- rewritten scroll behaviour (especially when the selected element is
- red border when Edit mode is active.
- added vertical line which connects all staves
- MusicXML improvements:
- import arbitrary text.
- export arbitrary text.
- export all strings in UTF-8 encoding.
- LilyPond export filter improvements:
- arranger is now exported.
- document page size is exported.
- rit./accel. signs are printed in italic.
- export all strings in UTF-8 encoding, if Lily >2.6 is found.
- official Lilypond font sizes are now supported
- gcc4 complete compiler support. Many warning fixes and internal cleanups.
- Many documentation additions and fixes.
- New translations and translation updates
More details (including bug fixes and detailed changes) can be found
in the NEWS file and the ChangeLog file of the archive.
Software-Engineer, Developer of User Interfaces
Project: Canorus - the next generation music score editor -
GnuPG Public Key available on request