[linux-audio-announce] [ANN] das_watchdog V0.2.4 and jack_capture V0.3.7

From: <kjetil@...>
To: <jack-devel@...>, <linux-audio-user@...>, <linux-audio-dev@...>, <linux-audio-announce@...>
Date: Friday, July 28, 2006 - 8:44 am

New source location:
http://www.notam02.no/~kjetism/src/
(Sorry, I have temporarily lost access to both my previously used upload
directories)

das_watchdog
Whenever a program locks up the machine, das_watchdog will temporarily
sets all realtime process to non-realtime for 8 seconds. You will get an
xmessage window up on the screen whenever that happens.

Changes 0.2.3->0.2.4
--------------------
*Test if the xmessage program found during the make process is a valid
executable. If not, search the $PATH instead. This should fix it for
Gentoo when the pro-audio overlay is updated to at least this version.
*Various modifications for the High Res Timer, which should be used
instead of setting the timer interrupt process to SCHED_FIFO/99.

jack_capture
jack_capture is a small program to capture whatever sound is going out to
your speakers into a file without having to patch jack connections, fiddle
around with fileformats, or set options on the argument line.

This is the program I always wanted to have for jack, but no
one made. So here it is.

Changes 0.3.1 -> 0.3.7:
-----------------------
*Fixed potentional buffer underrun error.
*Fixed potentional ringbuffer size allocation miscalculation.
*Better way to set leading zeros in filename. Thanks to Melanie.
*Better underrun handling. Thanks to Dmitry Baikov.
*Added support for jack buffer size change.
*Removed some unnecessary code and comments
*Beautified code a bit.
*Fixed a bug in the reconnection code.
*Beautified code a lot.
*Changed bufsize argument to accept seconds instead of frames. Default
buffer size is 60 seconds.
*Improved documentation and help option.
*Beautified source a bit.
*Fixed bug in ringbuffer size allocation.
*Fixed so that more than one instance of jack_capture can run at once.