So here comes the time for another public release of the (cute) FluidSynth
Qt Interface: Qsynth 0.2.5 is out!
Just as one can read from the change log:
- New dial-knob behavior now follows mouse pointer angular position,
almost similar to old QDial, but this time avoiding that nasty and rather
abrupt change on first mouse click.
- By simple use of widget subclassing, the value/position of any dial knob
can now be reset to its default or original position at any time, by
simply pressing the mouse mid-button. These default value positions are
just committed to current dial values when switching engines and/or
closing the application.
- Optional specification of alternate fluidsynth installation path has
been added to configure command arguments (--with-fluidsynth).
- After some source code tweaks, a win32 build is now possible
(instructions will be provided on demand :)
- Bank offset finally gets its due effect, while on the channels and
channel preset selection dialogs. Regretfully, the soundfont bank offset
feature has been lurking ever since its inception, but now its live and
- A new fancy widget has arrived, qsynthKnob, with some modifications to
replace the actual *ugly* QDial widgets in the main window. This widget is
based on a design by Thorsten Wilms, formerly implemented by Chris Cannam
in Rosegarden, and finally adapted and brought to Qsynth by Pedro
Lopez-Cabanillas. Thankyou all.
Available from the usual places:
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela