liboscqs is a library to provide a Query System and Service Discovery for
applications using the Open Sound Control (OSC) protocol . The initial
proposal for the OSC Query System was provided by Andrew W. Schmeder and
Matthew Wright in July 2004 . The next paragraph has their abstract:
A Query System is proposed for inter-application control scenarios. The
queries enable namespace exploration, documentation, type-signature,
return-type-signature and parameter constraint specification, current-value
polling, identification of common interpretation maps via osc-schema, and
See  for the full paper describing their proposal. This project is the
result  of the various discussions that followed, but remains very close
to the original proposal.
Besides a Query System, this library provides Service Discovery. This allows
applications to annouce their presence locally and on a whole computer network.
For more information, source tarballs, RPM packages, and Debian packages please
see the homepage at:
- liboscqs uses liblo  as an OSC server. Thanks Steve!
- The liboscqs source uses the scons  build tool
- liboscqs supports Service Discovery using either Howl or Spread
- liboscqs has only tested on Linux so far, but the intent is to support all
- liboscqs is FSH 2.3 compliant.