Hydrogen 0.9.2 is out!
* Very user-friendly, modular, fast and intuitive graphical interface based on
* Sample-based stereo audio engine, with import of sound samples in .wav, .au
and .aiff formats.
* Support of samples in compressed FLAC file.
* Internal sequencer and mixer
* Pattern-based sequencer, with unlimited number of patterns and ability to
chain patterns into a song.
* Up to 64 ticks per pattern with individual level per event and variable
* 32 instrument tracks with ADSR, volume, mute, solo, pan capabilities.
* Multi layer support for instruments (up to 16 samples for each instrument).
* Ability to import/export song files.
* Unique human velocity, human time, pitch and swing functions.
* Multiple patterns playing at once.
* JACK, ALSA, PortAudio and OSS audio drivers.
* ALSA MIDI and PortMidi input with assignable midi-in channel (1..16, ALL).
* Import/export of drumkits.
* Export song to wav file.
* Export song to midi file.
* New graphics
* Bug fix in export song (using JACK driver)
* Bug fix in export song (wrong samplerate)
* Follow playhead in song editor
* Automatic audio driver selection
* New PortAudio and PortMidi drivers
* Mac Os X port
* Pattern size increased: up to 4 bars
* Random pitch variations
* New instrument editor
* ADSR for instruments
* Low pass filter
* Insert/delete a range of patterns in song editor
* ...and much more ;)
Source tarball and binary linux installer are available at
Alessandro Cominu (aka comix)