Introducing WhySynth, a DSSI softsynth plugin.
WhySynth, as in 'Y'-synth, the super-sized, frankensteinized,
evolved and mutated, still rather dorky younger sibling of
WhySynth, as in (I sometimes ask), "_why_ am I working on another
softsynth instead of on paying gigs?" (Following my bliss?
Addiction? One last shot at misspent youth?)
WhySynth, as in a mostly-new design featuring:
- 4 oscillators per voice, in your choice of 6 modes (minBLEP,
wavecycle, asynchronous granular, FM, waveshaper, and noise),
- 2 filters, also in multiple flavors,
- flexible routing and mixdown to stereo output,
- 3 (or is it 6?) LFOs (instrument-wide, per-voice, and multiphase),
- 5 multi-mode envelope generators,
- abundant modulation options,
- and effects (well, Tim Goetze's Versatile plate reverb is all at
the moment, unless you count the DC-blocker anti-effect).
WhySynth is a work in progress. Actually, since the kid was born,
progress has slowed to a near-utter standstill, but if I can't
release often, I might as well release early.
Get your tarball, boring screenshot, and html-ized README today at:
then get your butts back to making cool music -- however you define