Let me spread the word:) finally there comes this bug and some other
usability fixes on today's latest Qsynth 0.2.4 release.
As you might know already, Qsynth is a fluidsynth GUI front-end
application, written in C++ around the Qt3 toolkit, using Qt Designer.
Please check it out from:
Upgrade is highly recommended as this one fixes a very annoying crash
bug that has been lurking for ages.
As simply pasted from the change-log:
- All widget captions changed to include proper application title prefix.
- Attempt to bring those aging autoconf templates to date; sample SPEC
file for RPM build is now being included and generated at configure time.
- Missing icons on channel and soundfont setup context menus are now up;
bank/program splitter widget added to channel preset dialog.
- An abrupt segfault on engine restart have been finally fixed; this
issue has been quite an annoyance which has been around for ages and was
a highly probable showstopper just when restarting an engine due to
changes on the setup settings. Not anymore, hopefully.
- New tool buttons were added to the main widget, for adding a new
engine and removing the current one, while trying to increase the
visibility of multiple fluidsynth engine capability (for new users, at
- Set to use QApplication::setMainWidget() instead of registering the
traditional lastWindowClosed() signal to quit() /slot, just to let the
-geometry command line argument have some optional effect on X11.
- Minor configure and Makefile install fixes, as Debian and Mac OS X
specialties. Also, install does the right thing with target file modes
(thanks to Matt Flax and Ebrahim Mayat, for pointing these out).
- Fixed output disability when messages limit option is turned off
(thanks to Wolfgang Woehl for spotting this one, while on qjackctl).
Hope you enjoy.
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela