here is a list of all changes between 1.0.5a and 1.0.6a release.
The 1.0.6a driver package fixes the /proc problem with loading of the
sequencer client modules.
- fixed the detection of x86-64 arch
- 2.6 kernel sync - mostly __user stuff
- This patch removes snd_kcalloc() from the kernel and updates callers to
use the new generic kcalloc().
- Removal and replacement of magic memory allocators and casts
- Clean up of obsolete MODULE_* stuff (core part)
- Removed MODULE_CLASSES() and MODULE_SYNTAX().
- Replaced MODULE_DEVICES() with MODULE_SUPPORTED_DEVICE()
- Clean up the PCI resource allocation.
- Clean up the suspend/resume: save/restore of pci state
- use ARRAY_SIZE() instead of sizeof() computations
- Clean up: removed ifdefs and obsolete codes.
- Unlock BKL in ioctl callback to avoid the long preempt-disabling.
- Clean up DMA buffer allocation routines.
- Fix up sound driver proc-reading interfaces.
- PCM midlevel
- stack usage reduction
- Clean up and optimization of PCM format-specific functions
- Clean up the buffer management in the PCM runtime record
- Fix the mmap via io_remap_page_range() on nm256, rme32 and rme96.
Added SNDRV_PCM_INFO_MMAP_IOMEM to handle this case.
- Clean up the indirect accessing on RME32/RME96 drivers.
- Clean up of indirect PCM data transfer with helper functions.
- snd_pcm_timer_resolution_change() - better precision
- The PCM prepare callback is now non-atomic, so that the driver can
use the functions calling schedule (e.g. kmalloc with GFP_KERNEL).
- Fixed/improved XRUN detection
- don't print XRUN message in the case of draining.
- pointer callback can return SNDRV_PCM_POS_XRUN to notify the middle layer.
- ioctl32 - Added the wrapper for sync_ptr and hwsync ioctls.
- Serialize runtime->status->state access
- PCM OSS emulation
- reduce stack usage
- use separate functions for some ioctls to reduce stack usage
- Clean up Makefiles for the sequencer stuff using reverse selections.
- Added Intel ICH6 HD Audio (Azalia) driver.
- Added Audigy-LS driver
- Added snd-atiixp driver for ATI IXP AC97 modem controllers.
- Moved back pc98-specific stuff again to alsa-driver tree.
- SPDIF output fixes
- Fixed the volume update on aureon.
- Removed the bogus master volume from aureon.
- Fixed the wrong number of ADCS (not used, though).
- Don't access GPIO high bits on VT1720.
- Fixed the buffer byte alignment for SPDIF and independen PCMs.
- Proper rate constraints according to the I2S/AC-link connection.
- Clean up the private data for PCM callbacks.
- Clean up spinlocks.
- aureon - Added master volume control.
- Added the (experimental) support of Terratec Phase 88.
- Added the support of Pontis MS300 to snd-ice1724 driver.
- Added the support of ZNF3-250 (supposed to be ZNF3-150 compatible).
- add memory allocation checks in cs46xx_dsp_proc_register_scb_desc()
- reduce stack usage
- Added the PCI ID for nVidia CK8
- Fixed the calculation of the current DMA position on some sloppy devices.
- Fixed the detection of sample rates with no VRA support.
- Added the support of nVidia CK804.
- Added the support of MCP04.
- Fixed the handling of unknown irqs on ICH5.
- Added an ac97 quirk for ICH/AD1885 mobo.
- Added buggy_irq module parameter to intel8x0 driver.
- Added the support of SIS7013 modem.
- Fixed the calculation of the current DMA position at the period boundary.
- Added the ac97_quirk entry for ECS K7VTA3 v8.0 mobo.
- Fixed the check of invalid DMA position.
- Added the quirk entry for ECS L7VMM2 uATX.
- Added the DXS whitelist entry for Acer Inspire 1353LM.
- Fixed the suspend/resume.
- Fixed spin deadlocks
- USB audio
- Quattro USB: handle the different endianness of playback and recording
- handle devices that allow setting but not reading sample rate
- new functions snd_usbmidi_input_stop() and snd_usbmidi_input_start()
needed by snd-usb-usx2y to be able to use usb_set_interface()
- add support for Yamaha CVP-301, CVP-303, CVP-305, CVP-307, CVP-309,
CVP-309GP, PSR-1500, PSR-3000, ELS-01, ELS-01C, PSR-295, PSR-293,
DGX-205, DGX-203, DGX-305, DGX-505, DGP-7, DGP-5, PM5D, DME64N,
DME24N, DTX, UB99
- all pcm streams have to operate at the same rate and format
- renamed functions
- set NRPACKS to 1 as default setting to improve latency
- Don't sleep in START/STOP callbacks anymore.
- us428 channels C/D not handled just for this version, sorry.
- reduce stack usage
- fixed quake playback
- Fix the crash at unloading the module due to the shared interrupt
with other devices.
- Do the buffer allocation in hw_params callback instead of open
- Merge EFX playback and capture streams to the single device (hw:0,2).
- Fix Audigy + FX8010 capture (hw:x,2)
- Audigy 2 ZS - side support
- Enable low latency EFX capture on emu10k1
- Fixed the wrong pointer cast on 64bit architectures.
- reduce stack usage
- don't sleep in prepare callback
- Fix the i/o port range of gameport on cmipci
- AC97 codec
- Fixed the detection of STAC9708/11 surround control.
- Check the validity of registers before creating controls.
- move AC'97 bus callbacks into seperate ops record;
- remove ac97_bus_t template requirement from snd_ac97_bus()
- replace ac97_t template with ac97_template_t
- Fixed the reset problem of shared audio/modem drivers.
- Don't use mute bit in REC_GAIN register during tests.
- Add more timeout to avoid not respond messages
- added capture support
- added S/PDIF support (untested)
- fixed interrupt bug when playing multiple channels
- split channels into separate PCMs
- documented some of the registers
- added support for more periods (up to 512 for playback)
- formatting clean up
- MIDI support
- voice clean up
- delayed interrupt enable/disable
- playback/capture constraints added
- fixed max number of periods
- Added AC97 CD register to the list of allowed registeres.
- Added the experimental fullduplex support.
- reorganize locking
- optimize memory accesses
- PPC drivers
- Added the PCM beep support
- pmac also apply the DMA stop work around to fix capture on iBook2
- Removed non-functional 48kHz support from pmac driver.
- Fixed messy locks in soundfont support code.
- emu10k1 config
- Added surround71 and side pcm definitions.
- Added the support of side speakers on Audigy 2 ZS.
- Fixed iec958 capture using asym plugin.
- Added the support of side and surround71 PCM types.
- pcm_rate plugin
- This patch fixes a number of different bugs in pcm_rate.c.
- pcm_plug plugin
- Fixed problem with the route plugin and ttable
- Show warning if the format is changed due to the file type.
(e.g. WAV yields little-endian)
- Fixed to support non-48k AC3 files.
- Support -P option to specify the patch path.
- Distribute the missing patch files.
- Added MMC support
- Tascam US-224/428 MMC Implementation
- Added the wrapper for fopen()
- Checks more device file names for fopen() wrappers.
- Fixed manpage.
- The below patch [also attached] fixes the check for device files in
/dev/sound/ [for users of devfs who have configured their apps to use
/dev/sound/dsp, etc..] and adds a note to the aoss manpage
about the state of mmap support.
Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer
ALSA Project, SUSE Labs
SF.Net email is sponsored by Shop4tech.com-Lowest price on Blank Media
100pk Sonic DVD-R 4x for only $29 -100pk Sonic DVD+R for only $33
Save 50% off Retail on Ink & Toner - Free Shipping and Free Gift.
Alsa-announce mailing list