CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Linux Audio Miniconf at linux.conf.au (LCA2005)
April 2005, Canberra, Australia
This mini-conference is part of linux.conf.au (LCA2005), Australia's
national Linux conference. Participants of this mini-conference must
register for LCA2005; the conference web site is http://linux.conf.au/
The Audio Miniconf comprises technical sessions during the day, and an
opportunity for jamming and musical demonstrations in the evening at
a local pub. This call for participation is for the technical sessions.
Suggested topic areas include:
* Linux for Digital Audio Workstations and musical instruments
* low latency and reliable audio in the Linux kernel and userspace
* systems for connecting music, processing and control hardware
* core Linux audio subsystems: Jack, ALSA, LADSPA, etc.
* software synthesis and sequencing applications
* recording, editing and mastering applications
* audio file formats and codecs
* streaming and network services for audio
* telephony and speech technologies
* usability of music and audio applications
Presentations must relate to Free and Open Source software and/or
open standards. The suggested duration of sessions is 60 minutes; this
may be varied according to the needs of each topic.
If you would like to present a technical session, please mail a brief
abstract (100-300 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 20 2005.
This mini-conference is being arranged by Conrad Parker (Sweep project)
and Erik de Castro Lopo (libsndfile, Secret Rabbit Code), with venue and
other logistics provided by the organisers of LCA2005.