ROSEGARDEN 1.0pre1 RELEASED
The Rosegarden team are delighted to announce the 1.0pre1 (aka
0.9.91) release of Rosegarden 4, an audio and MIDI sequencer and
musical notation editor for Linux.
This release is the continuation of beta testing, prior to the
nearing 1.0 release.
Rosegarden is one of the most comprehensive Linux music software
projects, and is the only Linux application to offer full composition
and recording capabilities to musicians who prefer to use classical
notation. We encourage anyone who may be interested in using the 1.0
release to try out 1.0pre1 and provide bug reports and other feedback
via the mailing lists and bug trackers.
1.0pre1 is essentially a bugfix release. Among dozens of fixed bugs :
- DSSI effects plugins now work, as well as DSSI instruments (and
therefore VST effects as well as instruments also work via dssi-vst).
Also Rosegarden can now use DSSI GUIs for LADSPA effects if
- Fixed import of 24-bit and floating-point WAV files.
- Fixed loss of some control events at start of playback.
- MIDI controller 64 (Sustain) is reset at the end of playback.
The small number of new features in this release include:
- Support for import and export of MIDI System Exclusive events.
- A countdown dialog for MIDI recording.
- Automatic audio and plugin latency compensation, where the relevant
information is provided by plugins.
- Japanese translation and Japanese help files.
Rosegarden is Free Software under the GNU General Public License.