this is our first final ALSA release with number 1.0.1. As you all
expected, there are only minor fixes against 1.0.0rc2.
The 1.0 code is a direct successor of the 0.9 code which firstly
introduced the completely reworked APIs since 0.5 version. Our focus is
to offer a hardware abstraction layer for all kinds of hardware including
I would like to say a strong THANK YOU to all people who
contributed to this project. Namely: Abramo Bagnara, Takashi Iwai, Paul
Davis, Clemens Ladisch, Massimo Piccioni and all others.
Changes since 1.0.0rc2:
- added --with-redhat switch to force RedHat kernel detection
- fixed system timer behaviour
- OSS PCM emulation
- added OSS_ALSAEMULVER ioctl to identify ALSA driver
- changed whole-frag (default again) => partial-frag
- small corrections in snd_pcm_oss_get_ptr()
- USB audio fix
- RME9652 - fixed driver load
- GUS - fixed race - scheduling in interrupt
- added ipc_perm option for direct plugins (dsnoop, dmix, dshare)
- fixed range settings for simple mixer
- added asym plugin
- alisp work (not too much important at the moment)
Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer
ALSA Project, SuSE Labs
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Perforce Software.
Perforce is the Fast Software Configuration Management System offering
advanced branching capabilities and atomic changes on 50+ platforms.
Free Eval! http://www.perforce.com/perforce/loadprog.html
Alsa-announce mailing list