From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@...>
Subject: [LAA] Qtractor 0.6.0 - The Byte Bald Beta release!
Date: Mar 21, 7:29 pm 2014
Once again, it's springtime.
Once again, the planet revolved and stepped forward against its mother star.
Hence the three bees
release... it won't be that far fetched if
you find this naming a deliberate pun riddle indeed--the wise will know
already while the clueless will get it sudden in a couple of days ;)
Well, no big surprises nor earthshaking features are being here pitched
then, just some small and otherwise humble improvements and fixes and
Nevertheless and not just for the record that is, it marks the day of a
long overdue and severely procrastinated beta
Whatever. It's dang official now: one step closer to omega
Contrary to, maybe, newer generations, I always
strive to say
the least. As to say about literal face-value meaning, as written and
read on timeless textbooks, it's all left in between the lines or, this
part is the one I like most, left over as an exercise--in some kind of
healthy masochism, perhaps :).
Qtractor 0.6.0 (byte bald beta) is now released!
* Plugin automation high resolution option (NEW)
* Plugin 'About' page (NEW)
* Native DE dialogs option (NEW)
* Follow play-head slack time (NEW)
* MIDI RPN/NRPN 14-bit controllers input (FIX)
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 13.1):
- binary packages (openSUSE 13.1):
- quick start guide & user manual (outdated):
- help wanted (on Qtractor Wiki ;))
Weblog (upstream support):
Qtractor is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms
of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
- New user option added: on whether to save plugins automation values
with higher resolution as possible, using 14-bit NRPN: cf.
View/Options.../Plugins/Experimental/High resolution plugin automation
- Generic native plugin dialogs now shows an additional "About" last
page where authorship credits are due.
- A new user preference option is now in place for whether to use
desktop environment's own native file requester/browser dialogs
(View/Options.../Display/Dialogs/Use native dialogs).
- A bit of slack have been introduced to put "Follow Playhead" (aka.
auto-scroll view mode) on hold, while doing in-flight selection edit moves.
- Fixed some user interface related annoyances while on the MIDI
Controllers mappings (ie. View/Controllers...).
- Fixed port origin on MIDI RPN/NRPN 14-bit controllers input.
- A discretionary plug-in unique identifier have been devised for when
more than one from the same type are inserted on a bus or track chain,
avoiding destructive clashing of automation data.
- Horizontal scrolling shift+mouse-wheel direction now reversed.
- LV2 Dyn(amic)-manifest support is now optional (default=off); cf.
View/Options.../Plugins/Experimental/LV2 Dynamic Manifest support).
- The following options, although decieved on View/O [message continues